Tribute to Natalie Cole- Unforgettable Angel

The beautiful and insatiable Natalie Cole passed away on New Years Eve.  It was a shocked of disbelief and like most who love the talented singer thought there was a press mistake.  However, New Years  Day when I saw it announced in Essence article and Aretha Franklin tribute, it hit me.  It made you reflect about what you loved about her music and you found yourself reminiscing.  I have serveral songs that I grew up on that I can still sit and listen to over and over again.  Here are a few of my favorite songs(I love all her songs) that I use to sit by the radio and sing along when they came on.
  1. Love on My mind
  2. I am Catching Hell
  3. Unforgettable
  4. Pink Cadillac
  5. Someone That I use to Love
What's your favorite song or songs?  How many remember this song?
I must have sang this song a thousand times!


I regret that I missed her performance last February (2015) at North Central College in Naperville, Illinois.  I kept telling myself I am going to see her and never got around to it due to conflit with another event.  It's times like these that we must do and go where we say because you never know when an angel will be called home.  Undoutly, Natalie Cole will truly be missed, but her music will never be forgotten.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

August Editor Book List Recommendations

Author Spotlight with Lynn Emery novel Into The Mist

The Injustice System in America toward Black & Brown men