Black History Tribute to Small Business Spotlight-Jeanee Patton’s Kennedy’s Sweet Tooth

Welcome to our new showcase and tribute to black owned business monthly spotlight.  Kennedy’s Sweet Tooth is the first Black Owned business to be showcased. We had the opportunity to sit down with the owner and creator Jeanee Patton for Kennedy’s Sweet Tooth.

Photo credits: Courtesy of and owned by Jeanee Patton
 
Tell us about Kennedy's Sweet Tooth?

Jeanee: Kennedy’s Sweet Tooth is a place where your imagination can come alive and your sweet tooth is truly satisfied. We use fresh ingredients to offer a large selection in Plain Jane, Chic & Classy, and Grown & Sexy flavored cakes. Now you’re probably wondering what does all that mean? Well, Plain Jane cakes are your more traditional flavors such as your chocolate, butter, and vanilla.

Chic & Classy are the more decadent and more gourmet flavored cakes such as the Orange Dreamsicle, Hummingbird, or Boston Cream Pie. Now, my favorite is the Grown & Sexy. These cakes are infused with alcoholic beverages such as Fuzzy Navel, Mimosas, and Mudslide. You can think of it as Happy Hour without the glass. Kennedy’s Sweet Tooth also offers cookies, cake pops, brownies, cheesecakes, pies, and candy. We love doing dessert buffets because we are able to showcase a variety along with creativity.

What inspired you into launching Kennedy's Sweet Tooth?

Jeanee: What inspired me? Well, I have to let you know that I always had this love affair with baking. It actually started when I had my first Easy Bake Oven. It was just the beginning of something beautiful, and the day I realized my passion for baking. I would watch my grandmothers in the kitchen, and I often helped them prepare different meals and delights for the family. The reason why I named it after my daughter Kennedy is because she inspires me to continue to strive for excellence.

What makes your masterpieces cakes and delights different than your competitors?

Jeanee: Well, I believe that we are in a new age now, and I think customers are looking for the "wow factor". You know The Plain Jane cakes are fine, but I think they want to impress their guests. I think they are looking for a more of a gourmet cake. Something that’s pretty, but tastes just as good as it looks. This is where my large variety of gourmet flavored cakes keeps my customers drooling over the combinations. I just believe at Kennedy’s Sweet Tooth, we offer all of these gourmet flavors and that is what I think makes me stand apart from my competitors.

What is on the horizon for Kennedy's Sweet Tooth in 2015?

Jeanee: Well, 2015 has really proven to be a great year for my company. I am already lining up some catering jobs for this year, and I was offered a catering job for a photo shoot here in Atlanta. I just can’t disclose any information about it because it’s not finalized. But that’s in the works. I am really working hard on trying to make my brand larger and trying reach a larger audience.

Do you foresee any long distance to be able to ship treats to customers?

Jeanee: I am always asked do I ship, and I always answer no. However, I realized it’s not fair just for my Atlanta fans to be able to taste such great delights. So with that being said, I am looking at different ways to market my desserts to a larger audience. I’m working to find out what ships best, because I want my desserts to look like they did when they left. I have to say that is something in the works.

Do you foresee Kennedy’s Sweet Tooth in Grocery Stores or smaller retailers?

Jeanee: I think that would be a long term goal. I would probably be more interested and focused on the local mom and pop store fronts and mom and pop restaurants. A lot of times they are looking for people to bake because a lot of times they don’t know how to bake. That is something I foresee in the future.

Photo Credits: Photo courtesy of Jeanee Patton

Jeanee’s Motivational Quote:
"God can dream a bigger vision than you can ever imagine. All I know is God can dream a bigger vision and everything that I do is for his glory. I know he gave me this gift. I know he did, because it’s something that I can do without a thought. That why I know he is going to open up doors for me and he is going put the right people in my life. Again, my vision is nowhere near the vision that he has for me. So I am looking forward to everything that God has in store for me. "

You can learn more about Kennedy’s Sweet Tooth by visiting her website and following her on social media.  You can make inquiries to the email address listed below.

Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Kennedys-Sweet-Tooth/172894920711

Instagram: @kennedyssweettooth

Website:www.kennedyssweettooth.com

Email:jeaneepatton@kennedyssweettooth.com

 
 


 
 

 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

August Editor Book List Recommendations

Author Spotlight with Lynn Emery novel Into The Mist

The Injustice System in America toward Black & Brown men