Here are 10 tips from our wise elders for a healthy and happy relationship that has longevity:
- Build a Friendship- friendship is essential key to any relationship that will grow together over time.
- Learn to Compromise-learn to choose your battles for you don't always have to be right and you don't always have to get your way.
- Be Honesty with one another and yourself- it's better to tell the truth than to tell a lie or even a little white lie. Express how you feel in a non-confrontational voice
- Trust one another- Trust is earned and you start out by stepping out on faith and trusting him/her because you desire to be in a long-term relationship.
- Forgive each other-When disagreements arise learn to let it go and move on without holding grudges.
- Love unconditionally-Love that person for who they are and accept them for who they are not for any materialistic or monetary. Love does not have a price and when you love a person for who they are it's a great reward.
- Communicate-Keep the lines of communication open between you and your partner. Talk to one another. Never assume something without asking, no one is a mind reader. Speak up and keep your single friends and family members out of your business.
- Respect one another- as the adults that he/she is and don't talk down to the person as if he/she is a child. Show respect and you get respect.
- Prayer- praying together as a couple is a powerful tool in a relationship.
- Appreciate one another-appreciate each other's time together, appreciate his gifts/talents, and appreciate the little things that he/she does.
Support the dream & career-Be encouraging and inspiring towards him/her.