How to Identify your Soul mate?

Today's blog was inspired by a sermon that I watched last weekend about 5 Keys to your Soul mate by Pastor Toure Roberts of One Church International. I was inspired as I reviewed over my notes to write about "Soul mates".

 The sermon was powerful and allowed me to reflect on past relationships where I thought I found my soul mate.  Many of the examples that were given through out the sermon I could relate to  and had a few "light bulb" moments as I examined my past relationships.  Examining the past prepares you for your present and future so that you don't make the same mistakes as well is ensure you learned the lesson that was apart of your journey on purpose.  It's given me a better assessment of what I should be looking for in a Soul mate and how to identify him when he is presented before me.  We all want to find our Soul mate and live happily every after!  Most importantly, to grow with someone that is your equal and compliments your purpose!  For it is the woman who was taken from his rib to complete each others purpose in life.

What are soul mates?  This is defined as two people who have connected spiritually, emotionally, and physically. The pastor's definition summarized is that a soul mate is a person that God has chosen for you to complete each others purpose. Soul mates compliment one another's goals, dreams, and most important their purpose.

Photo credits: courtesy of Pinterest

 How do you know that you have found your soul mate?  There are 5 Keys to your Soul mates:
  1. Chemistry
  2. Connection/Draw
  3. Wholeness
  4. Devine Confirmation
  5. Sense of Purpose
As we have learned over our adult lives, you can have chemistry with anyone and that does not make those people your soul mates.  When you meet that special person, there is chemistry between the two of you that is unexplainable.  It's not sexual or physical attraction but more so a spiritual connection that draws you to his/her spirit.  That person you have this chemistry and are drawn to must be whole just as you should be whole.  Wholeness will qualify the chemistry and connection that you have with your soul mate.  Meanwhile, you must receive a word from God that gives you your Devine confirmation that this person is your soul mate.  Lastly, the person must have a sense of purpose knowing who they are, is extremely important.  You don't want to wake up and realize your purpose and you are in the wrong relationship.  I want someone who knows who they are and is in full pursuit of their purpose, their dreams, and living each day whole!

Have you found your Soul mate? 


 

Comments

  1. This is so true and deep it really make you think about a lot of things so powerful. As long as you have your life in order your partner has to have theirs in order too you both have to be happy with yourself first before you can make someone else happy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anonymous! It's imperative that two people are whole and know who they are before committing a life time together! Thanks for sharing!

      Delete
  2. Nice post! That's very true! I wrote about soul mates (or what we imagine them to be until they are not), deal breakers, and Keepers in my blog turned book, Single Girl Gems available on amazon now!! I'll be following your blog and I hope you'll do the same: khrystiannichole.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Khrystian! I will follow your blogs back to! We are launching Sistah's Place2 E-magazine in a few weeks and I would love to promote your book on our website!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

August Editor Book List Recommendations

Author Spotlight with Lynn Emery novel Into The Mist

The Injustice System in America toward Black & Brown men